Following a virtual event in 2020, this year’s event will return to in-person. The live event will be November 13–18 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. The event is expected to draw residential and commercial builders, installers, service professionals, spa dealers, outdoor living retailers, buying agents, and other industry professionals, with registrations now live.
Known for showcasing the latest trends and technologies to create the “total backyard,” the event will reunite professionals in the pool, spa, patio, decking, and outdoor living industries.
“We understand how important the PSP/Deck Expo is to the industry and the need to stay informed and connected,” said Ray Giovine, Group Director for Informa Markets and the PSP/Deck Expo. “We are hearing from the industry that they are looking forward to the show and connecting. The industry has experienced a banner year, and we’re looking forward to celebrating that while keeping an eye on what’s to come.”
In addition to a robust expo hall and more than 100 education opportunities during the week, the events biggest highlights are listed here:
- NEW! Keynote – The keynote will bring together all disciplines – builders, retailers, service techs, and more, for a fascinating discussion on the importance of water in our lives, and of the future of the industry.
- Welcome Party – The Welcome Party is a networking event that kicks off the PSP/Deck Expo. Happening on Tuesday, November 16, it will take place at a local landmark – Gilley’s Dallas! Attendees and vendors can mingle with colleagues, and enjoy food, drinks, and entertainment.
- NEW! Grill + Chill Area – This year’s expo will feature outdoor exhibits, with vendors specific to deck building, outdoor kitchens and grills, and patio furniture. Vendors are invited to grill and serve lunch.
- RETURNING! BBQ Bash – We’ll fire up the grill, and attendees can kick up their feet and enjoy a chill area. Once the expo hall closes on Wednesday, the BBQ Bash starts, outdoors, in the Grill + Chill Area. Attendees can network, enjoy refreshments, and devour the goodies being roasted, grilled, poached, and more.
- NEW! Deck Education – In spring 2020, the Deck Expo, moved to its new home, as a co-location with PSP Expo. Together, the two events create a broader selection of products and technology for outdoor living. This year, PSP/Deck Expo will feature deck-focused education in not only the pre-conference sessions but in the core conference as well.
- Pool Prize Party – The Pool Prize Party will wrap up the last day of the show with tons of laughter, excitement, and giveaways. Displayed within the Product Showcase will be various products in the Pool Prize Party.
- Million Dollar Pool Design Challenge – Based on a fictitious scenario, designers create an ultimate outdoor oasis with a million-dollar budget.
“This year’s event will provide the industry with the largest face-to-face opportunity in 18 months,” said Sabeena Hickman, CAE, President & CEO of PHTA, a sponsor of PSP Expo.
“With historic industry growth, the Expo is the place to go to find the best education, see the latest products, and make the right connections in the industry. It’s a not-to-be-missed event for companies operating within the pool and hot tub industries.”
The PSP/Deck Expo may still appear a bit different as organizers introduce Informa AllSecure, developed by Informa, which produces over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in addition to PSP/Deck Expo. Informa AllSecure employs the highest standards of safety, hygiene, cleanliness, and quality for
operating events. These measures are in addition to government and local authorities and the protocols published by the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, which earned its GBAC certification last year.
“We would not hold an event that we felt would risk the health or safety of our attendees,” explained Giovine. “We do expect a more intimate conference and expo, though quality has always been the focus, as demonstrated by this year’s enhancements.”
Michael Beaudry, Executive Vice President of NADRA and the sponsor of Deck Expo has also spoken on the event, saying, “This is a great opportunity to bring together the deck builders and the pool builders”.
“We know our members – the deck professionals – are constantly collaborating in the field with pool builders, so it’s worthwhile to bring them together for education, networking, and collaboration at a face-to-face event.”
Expect to see many WhatSpa? Approved suppliers at the well anticipated event, with Artesian Spas & Caldera Spas leading industry innovation in above ground Hot Tubs and Swim Spas.